Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Make-up Shelf life

I am planning on going to Cleveland this weekend to celebrate Mother’s Day with my family.  Every time I visit my family I always clean my closet to bring my unwanted clothes and shoes for my mom and sisters.  As I was doing my Spring cleaning I thought it would be a good time to clean out my make-up bags.  Over the years, I have accumulated  tons of make-up and never threw anything out.  Did you know make-up doesn’t last forever?  Here are some tips from one of my Mark rep forums on the shelf life of make-up.

  • Mascara:3-6 months
  • Concealer: 18 months
  • Liquid Foundation: 1 year
  • Cream eye shadow: 12-18 months
  • Powder eye shadow: 2 years
  • Lip pencil: up to 3 years
  • Lipstick: 2-3 years
  • Lip gloss: up to 18 months

Below are pics of all the make-up I need to get rid of

IMG_0062

IMG_0063

Since I had a number of products that were way past the shelf life I got rid of a lot of my make-up and replaced it with Mark cosmetics.  My two new favorites are mark Get in Line Hook Up Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner in Cocoa Coquette currently on sale for $6.00.  The eyeliner really stays put.  I was never a big fan of liquid eyeliner until I used this product.

get in line

My favorite lip gloss is Lots of Lacquer in colors thrill and pop.  This lip gloss provides great color and lots of shine.  This item won’t be available at my mark boutique until the end of May but will be completely worth the wait.  I love this lip gloss.

lots of Laquer

No comments: