Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First leg of the road trip

Our first destination was Washington DC.  We got into town late last night and stayed at a Hilton Alexandria, VA.  In the morning, after dropping the boys off at the Pet Smart Doggie Day Care we were off to spending the day in DC.  Our first stop was Howard University, where my husband and I met my freshman year in college.

IMG_0184

 

Afterwards we went to Pizzeria Uno in Georgetown, the same restaurant that we went to for date nights.  After lunch we did a little window shopping but due to the heat we didn’t stay too long.

IMG_0190

IMG_0191

DC is one of my favorite cities.

IMG_0178 IMG_0195

After Georgetown, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe to pick up a Hurricane glass.  I collect them from every city that I go to, and then it was off to Pentagon City for reminiscing and shopping.  During my junior year in college I worked at the Express in Pentagon City.

After shopping, we picked up the boys and then it was off to New York where we are staying for the night.  We made a pit stop at the Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore for another Hurricane glass. 

About 11 o’clock this evening we make it to our hotel in New York and tomorrow morning we are off to Boston.

No comments: