Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Make-up for $12 or less

I love Mac, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Vincent Longo and Chanel lip-gloss. Okay so you get the point I love department store cosmetics. However, my sister recently introduced me to Rimmel London and I love their eye shadow and mascara. So one day, I was walking through the cosmetics aisle in my local Target store and decided to do a little experiment. Are the cosmetics sold at drug stores just as good as the department stores? I remember a few years back, watching Oprah and she had make-up artist speaking on this topic. There was one lady that only bought department store cosmetics and when the make-up did half her face with the name brands from the department store and the other half with drug-store cosmetics, she couldn't tell which was the department store side. Okay so I digressed, but I wanted to do my on experiment own this very topic.

I went to Target to buy the products to conduct my experiment, I plead the 5th on the total amount I spent, however each item was less than $12.00.

Below is the list of things I bought to try:
  1. Maybelline Great Lash-Blackest Black Mascara
  2. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush
  3. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Eye Shadow
  4. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
  5. Sonia Kashuk eyelash curler
  6. Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Mascara
  7. Almay Intense I-color Eyeliner
  8. Almay Intense I-color Mascara
  9. Almay Intense I-color Eye shadow
  10. N.Y.C. Ultra Last Lip Wear

Keep tuned as I review each item and give it either the thumbs up or thumbs down.

No comments: