Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Preparing for my Garage Sale

I am going through my closets for items that I can sell for my upcoming garage sale. I am a faithful watcher of Clean House on Style Network and would wonder why the homeowners always gave Niecy Nash and the rest of the crew a hard time about getting rid of stuff. I never understood why they would ponder keeping stuff they haven't used in years. I now have a better understanding. I am going through my closets and drawers and considering keeping stuff that I have worn in years but wanting to keep in case of.





I have shoes in my closet stacked up to where my clothes hanging in the closet are touching the top of the boxes. Do I really need 3 pairs of black stilettos, 2 pairs of black sling backs, 2 pairs of black Mary Janes, 2 pairs of black slides and 2 pairs of black peep toe shoes? Probably not, but I can't bear to give rid of any of them.




Next I go to my shelf of purses, I realized I have a Coach duffel purse that I have not used since 1998, but attempting to keep it just it case it comes back in style (truth be told it probably will never come back into style).



My thought is, if I haven't worn it in a year then it needs to go. This is much easier said then done.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Laila P said...

Wow, that pic of all the shoeboxes is impressive! That's a lot of shoes! The pic of the handbags doesn't look too different to if I lined up all my bags and took a pic - I have LOADS!

Good luck selling your stuff, hope you make lotsa money!

madison house designs said...

Oh! I love Clean House too! I need to do a total house cleansing. We have so much stuff that we don't use or wear it's not even funny. I keep threatening my husband with a big yard sale...