Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Little Miracle

For Random Mondays, I wanted to talk about the inspiration for my new collection, the Chloe Collection.

On October 9, 2008, my beautiful little niece Chloe was born; the only problem with her birth is that she was not due until January 18, 2009. She was born 13 inches tall and weighed 1 lb and 10 oz. She stayed in the NICU until December 31, 2008. (Her first diaper was the size of my cell phone battery)

Chloe was a little fighter; the NICU nurses gave her the nickname feisty. Chloe always did what she wanted, she was born when she wanted, the nurse would position her a certain way, she would move, she would be wrapped in her blanket to simulate the womb and she would kick her foot out of the blanket. That’s when I knew she would beat the odds; she was my little survivor.

Chloe is doing great now, laughing, smiling, and talking (baby gibberish, but I’m not sure if she realizes that)

The Chloe collection is made from Swarovski Crystals, crosses, angels, all things that remind me of miracles, innocence and spunk; all that I would use to describe my Chloe; my true miracle.
Here are pictures of Chloe in the NICU, recent pictures of Chloe and the first bracelet from the Chloe collection.
This bracelet is made from pink and white Swarovski Crystals, and sterling silver beads.
There is a sterling silver and Swarovski crystal cross that hangs from the sterling silver toggle.
This bracelet is for sale at my etsy shop at http://www.fabulouschic.etsy.com/
Over the next two weeks I will feature more pieces from the the Chloe collection.




2 comments:

Mama JD said...

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
And what a pretty name, I'm glad she is doing well now.
Your first Chloe piece is pretty as well. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Laila P said...

She is so adorable!!