Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Monday on Tuesday?

Sorry all for the very late Monday post. The last few days have been so busy. However, this weekend my in laws threw my hubby and me a barbecue to celebrate our recent nuptials. At first, I was a little worried because all the guests were people from the church that my husband grew up in but we haven't visited since we started dating, so I didn't know any of the guests. However it was a lot of fun and everyone was so giving. So I'm thinking, off to Ikea, we need a matching bedroom set. We have a mix match set, my old night stand and my dresser and my husband's old bed, dresser and nightstand that he had since college. It is time for an update, especially since I am embarrassed to say we are sleeping in a full size bed L

This is a very random post because now I am going to discuss a very different topic. Yesterday morning, as I was walking my dogs and where I have my very in depth thoughts such as what am I going to wear to work today, jewelry pieces, what I want to make for the item of the week, you know life altering decisions ;)
As I’m thinking of my pieces, I have these great ideas for jewelry pieces but can’t find the materials that I need to create the pieces. I am getting a little frustrated. I feel that my last few pieces are getting redundant. Don’t get me wrong, I love the pieces that I made and are all jewelry pieces that I wear, but I feel I am limited based on the materials that I have. So over the next few weeks I will be researching new online and local bead stores. What I am looking for are sterling silver and copper findings and charms, so if you know any online stores or Etsy shops that have unique and cool charms, findings, gemstones and/or beads please forward my way. I will also spend my Saturdays visiting local beads stores. Wish me luck!

I am also thinking about getting engraving stamps to make personalize jewelry. I will let you know if I decide to get it.

1 comment:

Memories for Life said...

The party sounds fun :) And don't worry...we still sleep in my full-size bed I've had since I was seven!!! Finally got a new matress this year!

Can't wait to see the new supplies you buy! And I think the stamps are a great idea...personalized jewelry is very popular :)