Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm Back

I got back into town Thursday night. New Orleans was amazing. I enjoyed everything except the extreme humidity. The food, the music, New Orleans is a great city.

I went for a HR conference, which had great workshops for professional development. We had the evenings to explore the city. I had a chance to check out Bourbon Street, which very different at night than it is during the day, lots of live music and great for people watching.

The conference ended at noon on Wednesday so my co-workers and I took a city tour. We visited areas that the hurricane hit. It was so sad that almost four years later that the lower 9th ward looked as if the hurricane was last week. There were plots of land that have boarded up houses and houses with roofs caved in. On one plot of land there were just steps because the house attached was blown away.

On our tour, the tour guide showed us Brad Pitt’s home in the French Quarters and told us all that Brad Pitt has done to help rebuild New Orleans. He has donated his own money and created the “Make it Right” project that help build energy efficient in the lower 9th ward.

I really enjoyed my trip to New Orleans. However, I missed my boys (my hubby to be and my two pups) and blogging. I am back and you can all look forward to a week of regular blog posts.

The new item of the week will be posted shortly.

No comments: