Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Random Monday-Dress Weigh In

For all of you who have been following my blog know that I have stopped the wedding planning and my hubby to be and I decided just to go to the courthouse and get married. The process started over a year ago with a destination wedding in Puerto Rico, then Vegas, then to the Dominican Republic, to Vegas again, Hilton Head and finally Tampa. The wedding planning of a destination or local wedding required too much time to plan, and ridiculously high costs. I found that Puerto Rico, was too expensive, my experience with the resort in Dominican Republic made it difficult to have a legal civil ceremony, Vegas was expensive for something that we really didn’t want, Hilton Head, the hotel rep that I was dealing with wasn’t very responsive or customer service oriented, and Tampa, the costs were creeping up so what started as a very economical wedding slowing became the more expensive than what I want to pay for ceremony package that didn’t allow for more than six guests. As many wedding planning shows as I watched, you would have thought I had a better idea of costs and time that a planning a wedding requires, but it came completely as a shock.

With all that said, we decided to just make it legal and then party in Cleveland with friends and family. My one friend thinks that I should wear my wedding dress that I already purchased to the courthouse, however I don’t think it is appropriate to wear my wedding cake topper dress to the city clerk’s office. I am looking to you all for your opinion on the proper courthouse wedding ceremony attire. I don’t want for us to be too dressed up, because it is the courthouse but I don’t want jeans and sneakers because it is still our wedding ceremony. I have a dress that I bought to wear at a co-workers wedding, but I am not sure if it is too dressy. Below are dresses that I saw on Nordstrom.com that I think would be appropriate for the occasion. Which dress do you think is courthouse wedding chic?

My dress that I bought for my co-workers wedding
Dress 1



Dress 2
Dress 3
Dress 4
Out of the 4 dresses, which dress do you think will be best for the courthouse ceremony?

3 comments:

Raegan Alexandria said...

I like dress 1 the best!

Jen said...

I agree with dress 1

Unknown said...

number 1 is the best choice.