Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Feature Friday-Learn how to crochet

I crochet for a hobby. I learned to crochet and knit when I lived in Jersey, so I had something to do on the train when I commuted into the city. My mom taught me to crochet and I took a class at the Middlesex Community College to learn how to knit.

I crochet blankets and scarves, however the side of my blankets/scarves would come out crooked and I couldn't figure out why. I knew how to single and double crochet, but that was that was the extent of my stitch knowledge. I have bought how to, teach yourself and learn to crochet books, but it is hard for me to just read how to crochet, I need someone to show me first. My sister recently sent me a link to this great website that has video tutorials. These tutorials are easy to follow and lot cheaper than taking a class. It teaches how to do a number of crochet stitches. Check it out at:
http://www.nexstitch.com/Tutorials.html

Let me know what you think about the tutorials. Scarves for stocking stuffers this year!

No comments: